Friday, March 15, 2013

The path from charms to quilt--a start

Since I was stymied in my design wall finish attempts, I started on the baby quilt for my daughter-in-law's sister.  I picked up a charm pack at the new wonderful quilt store in Issaquah, WA called Gossipium.  It is Ticklish by Moda.
Charm squares are full of possibilities!  This is Ticklish by Moda
 
I have a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman at www.ohfransson.com that asks for 25 charms and 13 more cut in half.  I arranged and rearranged them on my partially finished design wall and this is what I came up with.

The colorful stripes are separated by white with white borders on top and bottom.
 
In other news, I went to a quilt show in Monroe, WA today put on by the Quilters' Annonymous guild in Seattle.  It was very fun to see the lovely quilts.  I went with two friends from the quilting forum at About.com which is a great community of quilters.  If you are looking for advice or comraderie, stop on by!
 
Lastly I would like to link up to Leah Day's Free Motion Friday from her outstanding website The Free Motion Quilting Project.  My picture is of practice for the Pile O'Fabrics Skill Building BOM which is really fun.  Check them both out!
 
In order to link we need a picture of free motion quilting.  The purple ones are practice from Leah's website which has 365 free motion fillers plus a lot more (plus a link to her new FMQ class at Craftsy.com which I have signed up for).  The yellow part is practice from another Craftsy class by Angela Walters called Quilting Negative Space which is excellent.


2 comments:

  1. Sally, I love your fabrics and to see you linking up with Leah and working on your FreeMotion quilting! Congratulations and thanks again for letting me know about the community on About.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby quilt is beautiful...and your FMS practice...awesome.

    ReplyDelete